Saturday 14 April 2018

Rolex : How To NOT Scratch Your Lugs During Strap Changes?


After my previous post about the Swiss-made Bergeon 7825 @ https://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2018/03/proper-tools-bergeon-ref-7825.html, there were a couple of readers whom asked if I could post some pictures after I have changed the Rolex straps; as they were interested to invest towards the same tool. 


I still have a few pieces of this Bergeon 7825 going at RM900 each, and this would be on a first come first served basis. 

The only other sellers of this genuine tool in Malaysia are the authorised AD selling at RM1,000 ono, and a grey reseller based in Kajang selling mainly to the overseas market at USD1,550 / RM6,014 vide eBay Malaysia.


Most of the times, Rolex owners would experiment with rubber or leather straps; as these could be easily replaced and would further prevent scratches from being made on the original bracelets. I have been overseas over the last week and since I got back to Malaysia today and could afford some rest time, I thought that I would play around with replacing rubber straps on the Submariner and Yacht-Master.


With a pair of steady hands and the Bergeon 7825, changing the straps on one watch took but a couple of minutes. Importantly, take your time if you were new to this; and the objective was not so much as to change it ala F1 style, but to prevent scratches over the lugs that could depreciate your watch if you decide to flip it in future.






So the rubber straps were the perfect fit from the above pictures. But while I managed to change both straps in less than 10 minutes for these watches, how did I do with the lugs? Let's examine the quality of the workmanship.




Not a mark on their lugs. A great job, if I do say so myself. Have fun experimenting with yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment