Saturday 15 April 2017

Seiko Marine Master 300 : SBDX017

A reader wrote to me earlier if I was exiting the Seiko game with the adverts on my Turtle limited editions. Well, thank you for noticing but if you really analysed my purchases over the last few months, you would notice that I was going on a Turtle-spree, adding all sorts of Turtles into my collection.

I now aimed to have only 1 piece of Seiko in my collection- and going through the models in my head, I realised that only the MM300 had been the real de-facto watch that should earn its place into my watch winder. When it came to MM300, most people would think of the SBDX001; but I was thinking of the newer SBDX017. Essentially, it was the same dial design except Seiko went anal on the lume (the normal LumiBrite was already to be fathomed with), added an X (for Prospex) on the crown, and most importantly, applied DiaShield on the bracelet so it should be sans the normal desk diver scratches that would surface over time.

A classic design with lots of improvements, in a package at circa RM10k (depending on exchange rate). The only disappointment with the watch was that Seiko should have upgraded the Hardlex crystal to Sapphire crystal, which was classier and less prone to scratches.

Oh well, cest la vie...




No comments:

Post a Comment