Thursday 23 June 2016

Flieger Type A Modifications Plan

After I posted on my plan to requisite a Flieger Classic sans Logo @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2016/06/flieger-classic-sans-logo.html, I received quite a few PMs and e-mails from readers offering me their watches. For readers whom offered me, I don't mind a pre-owned piece as long as it was in good nick, sports an ETA 2824-2 movement, has a big onion crown, and preferably was from a German brand for the historical-linkage. For a pre-owned piece, I would set a budget of RM4k and below, for the initial purchase.


I may just go about with some personalisation or modification to make my Flieger more interesting. All Flieger cases that I have seen online so far were in brushed finish, so I may just polish the case for a different outlook and/or remove the side "FL23883" engraving. To match the sterile dial and sterile side case (polished-off engraving), I would locate a sterile onion crown sans logo too.


I would find a befitting strap (perhaps a carbon fibre strap for the modern flight connection) to add to overall looks of the Flieger.


Other upgrades include possible re-lume and servicing/regulating the movement to higher standards.



Let's see how the project takes flight from here. Thanks for chipping in!





No comments:

Post a Comment